Saving the Semester with #HCSurvivalKits

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Framingham chapter.

Back to school is probably the hardest time of the year. We at Her Campus Framingham were so excited when a box full of supplies arrived at our doors. Here are some thoughts on a few items we have tried out the past month.

The biggest surprise was the Chelsea tote from MZ Wallace which lit up all of our faces. As Campus Correspondent, I was absolutely honored when my team said that I should have it. I had been going through a rough time so their willingness for me to have it showed how wonderful they all are. It is now something that I use almost every day. The size and structure is wonderful. I am able to carry everything I need in this gorgeous purple bag.

Another favorite was our item we chose to #GetBackGiveBack! The BOGO Chipotle cards were a hit with Framingham students! We were able to get our community involved by having them receive the cards and be able to take someone out as a way to treat themselves! It was perfect for the month of October and the beginning of midterms.

One comment we seem to be getting quite often is ‘why we are applying what looks like glue sticks to our lips?’ We were definitely confused at first but then realized it was the wonderful Palmers Cocoa Butter formula swivel stick. Don’t judge a book by its cover! This thing may look huge but its sweet smell and moisturizer is one of the best things that we have tried for our lips.

The most popular product in our survival kits was the NYC City Proof eye shadow. Our writer Devinne Sharp said “The eyeshadow worked very well and washed of very easily. The texture was very nice and smooth, and the colors worked very well with my pale skin because they were bright and pigmented. I would definitely recommend them to anyone who wants to try them!”

My personal favorite is a way to keep a little piece of Her Campus close to my heart, and my bed. The HCXO pennant looks great in any dorm room. Our team was so excited to be able to show our love and appreciation for Her Campus, as well as people to represent our chapter.

We are so thankful to have received these items. We know that they have definitely made our lives easier, but also the lives of some amazing Framingham students. Thank you to Her Campus and our sponsors for these wonderful gifts!

Marissa is a senior psychology major and photography minor at Framingham State University. She is an Academic Success Peer Tutor, SDA in the dorms. She is the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at Framingham and a Chapter Advisor. When she is not daydreaming, Marissa enjoys binge-watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer on Hulu and sleeping.