This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Framingham chapter.

1. If someone you know (even slightly) follows you, you must follow back

2. Never unfollow someone who you may come across again unless, of course, they unfollow you first.

3. If someone asks you, “Go like my new Instagram post!” It is perfectly acceptable to NOT like that post.

4. Be generous: Increasing the amount of likes and comments to others has a direct correlation with the likes and comments on your own posts.

5. 1 post a day is acceptable. 2 posts in a day maximum. (Multiple photos? We suggest making a thread.)

6. Give credit where credit is due. Not your photo or your friend took a dope photo of you? Cool, tag the photographer.

7. If a friend does not have an Instagram, one must convince them to make an Instagram for two reasons: 1. So when you post photos together, you can tag them. 2. To get more likes and comments on your own posts.

President and Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Framingham, Senior at Framingham State University, Finance Major. Avid animal lover, aspiring fashionista, and amateur traveler.