This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Framingham chapter.

You’ve got questions and she’s got the answers.  One of the most personable and knowledgeable people in the game, Natalie is FSU’s newest athletic trainer.  But don’t let that fool you; not only is she quick, smart, and witty, but she joins FSU’s athletic staff after years of experience in the field.

Hometown?

I’m originally from Quincy, MA but I’ve lived in Boylston for the past four years.

Where did you go to school?

I went to the University of New England for my Bachelors degree in athletic training then I attended Bridgewater State for my Masters in physical education with a concentration in athletic training.

Coffee Order?

Hot black, two Splenda.

How long have you been at FSU for?

Since August, I came here after working at WPI.

What do you like to do in your free time outside of work?

I like to play the guitar, ride my bike, or play video games, I currently have a PS3.

Why did you want to become an athletic trainer?

I started out as a physical therapy major, but I realized pretty quickly that I wanted to work with a younger generation that would be more motivated to do their workouts so I switched to athletic training.

So you always knew you wanted to work within this type of field?

Yeah pretty much. When I was younger I thought I wanted to be a chiropractor, but I don’t really believe in chiropractors anymore [laugh].

What’s your favorite sport?

Women’s lacrosse obviously. But actually, football.  When I started working professionally I was hired as a football trainer at Becker and at WPI I worked for the football team.  I actually then played football for a while, that was a good time.

If you could have dinner with anyone (dead or alive) in the world, who would it be?

Hmm I would probably have to go with Bowie. He was such a pioneer and had so many personas.  He was such a role model and inspiration for so many people.

Favorite Color?

It changes everyday but usually some shade of blue.

What is your #1 piece of advice to athletes?

If at first you don’t succeed, do what your athletic trainer told you to do the first time.

Freshman; Undecided (about a lot of things). Currently in a relationship with coffee and Nate Archibald.
Marissa is a senior psychology major and photography minor at Framingham State University. She is an Academic Success Peer Tutor, SDA in the dorms. She is the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at Framingham and a Chapter Advisor. When she is not daydreaming, Marissa enjoys binge-watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer on Hulu and sleeping.