This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Framingham chapter.

Football has been a huge part of my family ever since I was little. My father, Shawn, is the biggest New England Patriots fan I’ve ever known. Known to his friends as the “PLC,” the Parking Lot Chef can be seen whipping up all sorts of grilled meats and cracking open cold beers. 

He raised me and my siblings to absolutely love the game of football and more importantly, love the Patriots. My dad has been a season ticket holder since 1992. He started going with his friend Greg who received tickets as a graduation gift. Since then, he has attended 287 football games and has never missed a home playoff game.

Before every homegame, my father and his friends set up a big tailgate party. Once just a hobby, my father’s love for football and entertaining has grown into a tailgate club consisting of 20 people that meet up with him before every game. Other people join in on these activities; his biggest tailgate before a game has been 53 people! That’s cooking for 53 mouths! It blows my mind how much food he prepares each week; its a labor of love to him.

Through the years, my father has created so many different and unique recipes. This was his inspiration for his 2011 cookbook, “The Parking Lot Chef: 200 Recipes From 200 Tailgates” which ultimately sold over 800 copies! After a couple years, he came out with his second cookbook, “The Parking Lot Chef: A Menu For Any Given Sunday.” I am constantly amazed about all the meals and recipes he created. All recipes are tailgate tested and approved; if you are interested in buying these cookbooks, there are still limited copies of the second edition available, email Shawn Gogan at commishbjffl@msn.com or visit the links below.

This passion for the football games has turned into a huge part of our family’s life. Regardless of whether the Patriots are playing or not, there will be a Super Bowl party at our house. This is a huge event and I look forward to it every year. This year, unfortunately for me, there is no Super Bowl party at my house. This may sound weird because the Patriots are in the Super Bowl; so why would we not throw a party? Lucky for my dad he has the opportunity to go to Super Bowl LIII in Atlanta! He’s been to a couple before but hasn’t been to the real thing in a while. I’m excited for him to have this opportunity, but I will miss watching the game with him at his annual party.

GO PATS!!​

For more information about The Parking Lot Chef’s cookbooks visit: 

https://www.facebook.com/2018PLC/ 

https://www.facebook.com/TheParkingLotChef/

or contact Shawn Gogan at: commishbjffl@msn.com 

Meghan Gogan

Framingham '21

Junior at Framingham State University. Major in Marketing, Minor in Psychology