tyler nix Pw5uvsFcGF4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
tyler nix Pw5uvsFcGF4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Life > Experiences

A Letter to my 4th grade Best Friend

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Framingham chapter.

Dear Best Friend,

You have been in my life since 4th grade. That was almost 10 years ago that we became inseparable. From doing rocket math in class, to playing indoor soccer, to staying up all night laughing until we turned blue. I wouldn’t trade you for the world.

You came into my life at such a young age. At that point in my life I didn’t know how positively you would effect my life. Growing up with you as my best friend turned me into who I am today. You have always been so honest, so kind and so true to my heart. All throughout middle school and the beginning of high school we were always on and off friends. Let’s be honest. We were in different classes, had different friends, but somehow, we always ended up texting each other at the end of the day.

Once high school came, you going to a different high school devastated me. I lost my best friend and it was hard for both of us. Well, for you going to a new school is hard, but for me, not seeing you every day at school was hard. I couldn’t sit with you at lunch, I couldn’t laugh in the back of the class while the teacher was teaching. I couldn’t do high school with you. Those were the thoughts going through my head throughout high school. Looking back now, I think it brought us closer together.

You always knew what to say when I didn’t know how to handle things. You were always a text away, and even a street away. We had two very different high school journeys, but you were always there for me through it all. No matter what it was that we were going through, we always had each other. 

Going off to college was hard. People say you learn who your best friends are when college comes around. You were always there. No matter what text I sent, no matter what situation I was in, you were always there. I can’t thank you enough for being my best friend through it all. Middle school, high school, and now college, we are still best friends.

I want to thank you openly for being my best friend and appreciating me, because I 100% appreciate everything you do for me. I love you.

With love,

Meg <3

Meghan Gogan

Framingham '21

Junior at Framingham State University. Major in Marketing, Minor in Psychology