This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Framingham chapter.

These days it seems like you have to have some certain criteria to be able to like something. It either should be motivational or impactful, or has some reason for being popular. Saying that you like Kylie Jenner is like saying you have cultural depth, that you don’t know what else is going on in the world, and that’s not right. Yes, Kylie Jenner is the opposite of culture, she has stolen popular looks and claimed that as her own. For example, “Boxer Braids” and wigs, so it’s understandable that why she isn’t someone that people are too keen towards. However, with all her personal flaws and cultural appropriation she has fashion sense. Given that she her fashion sense is expensive and half of us would never be able to afford it she’s someone to look at for inspirations. She’s interesting and sometimes funny. I am not a fan, mostly because I have never bothered going on her IG page or Twitter or Snap Chat. She just doesn’t interest me. With when I am around people who talk about her and exclaim how they want to be able to be more fashionable and take care more about their health. Let them enjoy her, having them ogle her in their days isn’t going to impact how you sleep, brush your teeth or eat, it literally won’t hurt you.

Another thing to let people enjoy is the food they eat or drink. Yes, we can agree that things should be indulged in moderation and that there should be consideration in what you’re eating with what, having Beef Jerky and Mountain Dew for your breakfast lunch and dinner is something that should be considered. But every now and then having a Diet Coke to start your day shouldn’t be considered a crime. You see that kid in class or at work walk at 10:30 with an opened Coke can, remember, that won’t hurt you. Telling that person that they shouldn’t be drinking that so early because it visually upsets you isn’t going to do anything. They are not about to throw away this $3 can to appease you. Also, remember that you’re in class, learning about things, not there to observe one’s own actions. This goes for decisions made when someone is eating a double cheeseburger. When a double cheeseburger is ordered then that means the hunger is real. Yes, a large salad with grilled chicken is a better option, but it’s not a cheeseburger. Remind you, this cheeseburger is not going into your body it will touch you unless you decide to take a bite out of that delicious looking burger. Let this person enjoy a double cheeseburger it won’t kill you.

One last thing that you should let people enjoy being alone. Yes, people like alone time, the time in which they can be alone with their own thoughts and be happy with their own company. Sometimes too much alone time can be risky, the person could become accustomed to not letting people know them or blocking out the world. Those are the ones you need to give a little bit more of attention to. However, there are those who like being alone at time, so let them. When you call a friend, and say, “hey let’s do something tonight” and then they turn around and say “No, thanks I’m good” let them be good. They can contact you and asking if you want to go out later, now and then they will accept your invites out and maybe for a full week you will see them. However, if they want to spend the next week alone let them.

Moral of the story, letting people enjoy things it won’t kill you.