It’s the Little Things

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Framingham chapter.

After I had a nice relaxing spring break I came back to school and was feeling stressed out. I couldn’t figure out why, but I knew I had to make some changes. Here are some of the things I did that really helped me de-stress and get back on track.

1. Consistently Drinking Water

After getting a new water bottle it definitely made it much easier to keep drinking water throughout the day. I try to make sure I bring it everywhere with me. It has helped my skin clear up and given me more energy.

2. Cleaning my Room

I knew part of the reason I was feeling stressed out was because my room was messy, so it made my life feel messy. I got to work cleaning and putting things into their proper places. I even made sure to pull out clothing items to take home that I knew I wasn’t going to wear to make more room for others.

3. Organizing my Room

After cleaning my room I made sure to organize the top of my desk and my dresser. It’s always important to have a clean workspace to think clearly.

4. Wearing Favorite Clothing Pieces or Outfits

This always puts me in a good mood! If you’re ever having an off day it really helps to throw on your favorite sweater or a go-to pair of jeans.

5. Spending Time with Friends

My friends always help me chill out and feel at ease. It doesn’t matter if you go out to eat or just hang out and watch movies it definitely helps to have a good support system when you’re stressed.

Rachel Smith

Framingham '18

Former Co-Campus Correspondent; Graduated 2018; Fashion Merchandising Major with Communication Arts Minor; Dance Team, Fashion Club, Her Campus, and Peer Mentor