If Ned’s Declassified Made a College Survival Guide

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Framingham chapter.

Ned’s Declassified Middle School Survival Guide got us all through mean teachers and staying true to our friends. The High School Survival Guide taught us about relationships and growing up. But what about college? How do you balance work and school? Should you study for your midterm or go to the party of the century? Here’s what it would be like if they made:

Ned’s Declassified College Survival Guide

Tip #1443- Do not let your friend cut your hair

Someone is going to offer to cut your hair, DO NOT LET THEM. It is worth the money to go to a real hair salon, and you don’t want to lose your friendship over a bad haircut.

Tip #2243- If you are going to miss class let your professors know what is going on

Professors will be much more understanding if they know you didn’t come to class because you’re sick, and not just because you didn’t want to come.

Tip #7534- Don’t get too stressed out

It might feel like you have a million things to do, but remember to take a breather, because things usually aren’t as bad as you’re making them out to be.

Tip #8405- Drunk karaoke is never a good idea

You could be Alicia Keys and you still will not sound good. Though it is really fun and hilarious.

Tip #6720- Keep a day planner

Otherwise every quiz will become a pop quiz.

Tip #7801- If you start to feel overwhelmed visit your school’s therapist

Sometimes life can get crazy and being away from home can be stressful for anyone, find out what your school offers to support student’s mental health and well-being.

Tip #4525- Make a self-hygiene schedule

It may seem like a simple thing, but in college it is so easy to skip a shower or brushing your teeth. Self-hygiene is important to maintain and can help you feel like you have your life together.

Tip #3338- Always back up your work

Backing up your work can help you avoid the dreaded “wrote an entire paper and then my computer crashed” experience.

Tip #3390- Know your limits

Staying up until 6 am doing homework for your 8 am class probably won’t work out.

Tip #1021- Know your school’s rules

Detention does not exist is college, but that does not mean there are not consequences for your actions.

Tip #6969- Use protection

STD’s and pregnancies are real things and in case you don’t want either of these things you should always use protection *unless discussed with a partner beforehand and after you’ve both been tested*.

Tip #1289- Join a new club

Even if you know nothing about abstract art, if you think it’s cool join abstract art club.

Tip #3665- Make friends with your classmates

They can tell you what happened if you miss class, help you study, and make class a whole lot less boring.

Tip #2677- Make friends outside of your friend group

College is a time to meet new people and have new experiences. Don’t just stick to your friends from high school, branch out and make friends with people you normally would never talk to.

Tip #90478- Allow yourself to make mistakes

Nobody’s perfect and no one has it all together in college. Making mistakes is a part of learning and becoming a part of the “real world.”

What tips do you wish college Ned would give you?