This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Framingham chapter.

Summer can be the most relaxing time of year, but there are still the little things that can turn a fun, peaceful vacation into a stressful situation. Here are some tips on how to avoid any small stresses with some helpful products!

Relaxing

Kick back with a refreshing drink the whole summer. It doesn’t matter if you’re watching TV, chilling in a lounge chair, or sitting in the beach sand. Not only can you keep your drink cool and keeping your hands free of that residue (ew), but show off your confidence, girl power, or summer vibes with an adorable koozie! (These are available on the Her Campus store!)

While you’re soaking up the sun on the beach or chilling in front of your air conditioner, unwind with a good book! Throw it back to some of your favorite books from high school or earlier in college. Or pick up a brand new book! A great page turner is Jardine Libaire’s novel White Fur, a moving love story filled with twists! Just because school’s out doesn’t mean you shouldn’t have to ditch reading for a few months!

Packing

Packing is the most stressful part of going on a summer vacation. You want to be organized but get it done in five seconds. And storing health and beauty products is annoying. A great way to store these products are with travel organizers, since they’re easier to pack and compact it. Vera Bradley has plenty that are good quality and come is a wide variety of patterns. When traveling you want to keep everything sanitary. Since makeup bags can be bulky and take up space in your suitcase, so a brush roll is a better way to go! Also, nothing is grosser than leaving your toothbrush out and exposed to germs. To prevent this and keep it clean, the steripod toothbrush protector is perfect! It clips over the head of the toothbrush and stays on.

Cosmetics

Relax with a more natural makeup look this summer! It is way too hot to apply a full glamorous look, but you still want to look good! Summer is all about peachy-nude lipsticks, bronzy skin, and low maintenance. A quick, easy way is to achieve this look is to use the Essence Eyebrow Fixing Pencil. It’s a clear and smooth pencil meant for shaping your eyebrow for a neat, polished look. Throw on a subtle lip and mascera if you want to, too! Then you’re ready to hit the summer days!

Hygiene

Deodorant is a necessity year round, but you especially can’t go without it in the summer! So before you take a run on the beach, hit a Fourth of July BBQ, or lounge by the pool, remember to put on Secret Deodorant (Cool Water Lily smells the best!). No need to worry about sweat stains on the sun sundress. Don’t forget to use this before a run on the beach or around your neighborhood!

Staying fresh is important over the summer. One way to do so is with Summer’s Eve. They have small cleaning cloths to help you stay fresh and clean all summer long. Coconut Water smells nice and fresh like summer and Mandarin Blossom smells amazingly sweet! If this is for you, try it out!

No matter what you’re doing or where you go, have a great summer and hope you find the time to relax!

XOHCFramingham

Graduate from Framingham State University. Communication Arts major, and Writing minor. Former Co-Campus Correspondent of HC Framingham and current After College writer! I'm passionate about tv shows, comedy, music, and cheese fries and take them all very seriously.