How to Not Procrastinate Your Unpacking

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Framingham chapter.

I have a problem with procrastinating in general, but I feel like it gets worse when it comes time to unpack. I know we have been back to school for a few weeks, but if you’re like me then you still have bags lying around the room with clothes and other random things from home.

1. Clean your Room

It’s definitely easier to be able to unpack with a clean room. Once everything is in its place, it will be much easier to then find places for all of the new things that you need to unpack. This will also help with moving around the room, because you don’t need clothes on the floor you can trip over.

1. Put on Some Upbeat Music

This is a classic motivator! It will help the work go by faster and not make it seem overwhelming. Make a playlist of your favorite songs and get unpacking!

1. Sort It Out

I know that when I feel overwhelmed by the amount of things I have to unpack it helps to sort things into different piles. This way you can just focus on one pile at a time. It also helps to put things in piles around the room so they don’t get mixed up!

1. Try and Put it All Away at Once

It really helps if you block out a certain amount of time to dedicate to unpacking and cleaning. This will help to ensure that all of it will be done at once and you won’t have random bags around your room. It’s such a good feeling when you can look around and know that everything is in its right place!

Good Luck and Happy Unpacking!

Rachel Smith

Framingham '18

Former Co-Campus Correspondent; Graduated 2018; Fashion Merchandising Major with Communication Arts Minor; Dance Team, Fashion Club, Her Campus, and Peer Mentor