How to Make it Through the Day (Commuter Edition)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Framingham chapter.

Let’s face it, being a commuter can suck at times; waiting in traffic, waking up early for 8:30’s and surviving long days on campus. No one likes to have back to back classes but some semesters it has to be done. Whether it is a five hour biology lab or you have all four courses lined up one after the other; long days suck.

But as a Super Senior I have had my fair share of long days on campus so here are some do’s and don’ts when it comes to making it through the day.

1. Be prepared

Don’t make your meals and snacks the day of, instead do it the night before. Yeah, I get that it can be annoying at times to prepare the night before but it sucks more when you need to wake up earlier to pack your bag. Chances are you will end up throwing whatever you can find in a quick amount of time and you will regret that later. Yum five Kashi bars and an apple that will sure get me through my long day!

2. Be well rested

Don’t save things until the night before instead get some beauty sleep. Yes, there are lots of stimulating gadgets you need to check before you get some sleep eye but sleep is also wicked important. Without sleep your body is incapable of digesting and processing information.

3. Treat your self

Add in something sweet to a long day, whether it is your favorite chocolate, a drink from Starbucks or an episode of your favorite show. And hey if you choose all three I won’t judge you!

4. Take a break

If you get some down time between classes find a nice comfy spot such as the college center to put your feet up and take a load off. Read a fun book, play a game and check your social networks. Do anything that gives you some pleasure and more bearable.

5. Take care of YOU

It can be hard to be ‘go, go, go,’ so make sure you drink lots of water, eat frequently, have plenty of sleep, carry the necessities and wear something comfortable. (Just don’t be too comfortable)

6. Go to campus events

If you have time to and want to save gas between classes go to an event, whether it’s a table, panel or a club meeting. You might end up finding you new niche on campus and make some friends along the way.

When it’s all over you can go home to your comfy bed.

I am an avid cat lover, aspiring dietition and anime fanatic!A super senior at FSU with a major in dietetics and a minor in psychology and fashion design.