How to Live More Like Leslie Knope

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Framingham chapter.

If you have ever watched “Parks and Recreation” you may have thought to yourself “man, I wish I was more like Leslie Knope.” Okay, maybe you haven’t but I certainly have. Leslie has so many admirable qualities, it’s easy to consider her an influential figure, especially for women. So, if you want to be a little more like Leslie Knope in your day to day life, here are just a few simple ways how!

1. Give More Compliments

Let your friends know you support them and love them. Maybe compare them to a beautiful animal. Also, don’t be afraid to give yourself compliments.

2. Eat More Waffles

It does not actually have to be waffles. Think of it more has enjoy the foods (or even just things) you like. Dare I say, you should treat yourself.

3. Get Organized (or at least try to be organized)

We all know Leslie needs to stay organized. It can be hard to start and stay organized but it can really help accomplish tasks throughout the week!

4. Dream Big and Go For It

Leslie is passionate and goes after what she wants. Even if you don’t want to run for city council, you should be like Leslie and go for what you want!

5. Take Pride in Where You Come From

Look for the good in your hometown, college town, your heritage, anything! Be proud of what makes you who you are!

6. Have Fun

Don’t be afraid to let loose sometimes and go have fun with your best friends!

Graduate from Framingham State University. Communication Arts major, and Writing minor. Former Co-Campus Correspondent of HC Framingham and current After College writer! I'm passionate about tv shows, comedy, music, and cheese fries and take them all very seriously.