Hidden Gems in the Music World

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Framingham chapter.

For those of you looking for some new music or sounds to get into, you’ve come to the right place. I am going to be sharing a few bands that I have found that not too many people have yet discovered. If you’re getting sick of your same old music and feel like adventuring out a bit to something new, then take a look at what I have to offer!

Sticky Fingers

The sticky fingers have sort of a reggae rock sound and are a great fit for anyone that is into this type of music. My favorite album of theirs is Caress Your Soul, which has many really good tracks. The first song I ever found by them was Australia Street, which is on the Caress Your Soul album; I am still in love with this song and I highly suggest checking this one out!

The XX

The XX is a really great band. I was introduced to them not too long ago, and I love a lot of their music. They are an indie pop bad and I find most of their music to be very relaxing. My favorite album of theirs is their self-titled album, but I am also starting to enjoy their newest album I See You as well. I think they would make a great addition to any playlist, especially if you songs with a calm, laid back vibe.

Glass Animals

Now, I know that Glass Animals are a pretty commonly known band, and if you don’t recognize the name you’ll probably recognize their most popular song Gooey. But, if you’ve never heard of them or haven’t ventured out past their hit singles, I highly suggest checking out their newest album How To Be A Human Being. This album is so good, there is not a single song off of it I don’t like. I really love it, because it has such a different sound than what I usually listen to. The best way I can even describe this sound is it honestly sounds like its coming out of a video game. On the third track of the album, Season 2 Episode 3, there are actual sounds from Mario. I really enjoy this album and think it has a really cool, catchy different sound that’s worth checking out!

Royal Blood

Royal Blood is a two-man rock band that is great for anyone that likes more of a grunge alternative sound. I haven’t listened too much to their newest album, but I found a lot of good tracks off of their first self-titled album. From what I have heard from their newest album, How Did We Get So Dark?, it sounds just as good as their first. I really suggest looking into them if you are into this genre of music!

Houndmouth

Houndmouth is an alternative blues band, but their sound reminds me a lot of folk music. Their biggest hit single was Sedona, which is still a personal favorite of mine. However, their album Little Neon Limelight is really good with tracks that could make great additions to a folk/blues/acoustic playlist. Try checking them out and see what you think!