diego ph fIq0tET6llw unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
diego ph fIq0tET6llw unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Habits That Will Make Your Semester Easier

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Framingham chapter.

There are some habits that can be hard to kick while at school, but getting out of these habits can make your life a lot easier. I’m guilty of not doing some of these things at times, but I’ve come to realize that when I do manage to do them I am less stressed out and I just feel a lot better overall. Here are a few things that help me get through semesters at school, and I recommend every college student do as well. 

Go to bed at a reasonable time

I know it can be difficult at times to do this for a number of reasons, whether it’s work, homework, or other activities, but staying up late just makes you feel worse in the morning when you have to go to that 8:30 class. Even if you don’t have early morning classes, I have found that going to bed at a decent time, and getting that extra sleep, makes me feel a lot better in the morning. 

Don’t skip meals

Try to eat something for breakfast, lunch, and dinner everyday, even if it’s just something small. If you skip a meal you’ll just end up snacking on things or eating junk food in your room. 

Use a planner

Writing things down in a planner can help you stay organized and keep track of things like homework, your class schedule, events, meetings, and work. Seeing everything you have to do written out may be a little bit stressful, but it’s also much easier to get things done when you know clearly what you have to do. 

Do your homework

To some people, this may seem like an obvious thing, but everyone has had people in their classes who just don’t do the work, ever. No one likes homework, but if you’re in school, it’s not going away, so you might as well make the best of it. Getting your homework done on time will not only relieve stress of last-minute attempts, but it will prepare you for class, which usually leads to getting better grades. 

Go to class

Again, this might seem like an obvious thing to some people, but others may need to hear it. You’re paying to go to school, so why skip class? Going to class on a regular basis makes it a lot easier to pass the class, and skipping class could mean missing important information that you need to know. 

Keep a clean room

This may be different for everyone, but I know that having a clean room and keeping it clean makes me a lot more comfortable at school. Having to search through piles of things to find other things can be stressful when you have other, more important tasks, to focus on. Also, it’s basic hygiene. If your room smells bad, chances are you will, too. 

Victoria Bailey

Framingham '20

vice president & senior editor of Her Campus Framingham