This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Framingham chapter.

Destiny O’Connell is a freshman here at Framingham State University. She chose FSU due to our small campus. Destiny was impressed by the amount of organization and effort put into Accepted Students Day, which is also why she chose this school. At Accepted Students Day, Destiny gained a lot of important information as well as made connections with new friends and others who were the same major as her. Initially, Destiny was feeling shy and anxious about starting college, but the experience of college has helped her come out of her shell and feel more at ease. In addition, adapting and finding balance between work, school, and extracurricular activities are a couple of Destiny’s strengths which have helped her with settling into college. 

Due to her love for helping others, Destiny is majoring in psychology. She has been interested in the subject since she herself has struggled with mental illness. She admires the help she was given when times were tough for her, so she wants to be able to give that back to others whom may be struggling too. In addition to joining Her Campus, Destiny looks forward to joining other clubs such as the Psychology Club, where she can be surrounded by others who share a similar passion. 

Some of Destiny’s interests include listening to music, going to the beach, traveling and exploring new places. Destiny enjoys being outside with nature and discovering new, little places outdoors. A little fun fact about Destiny is that she loves animals, especially dogs! 

Destiny really looks up to her parents as her role models because they are both hard working individuals. She admires her parents’ dedication as they both received their GED and did not go to college, but are still successful. Destiny says her parents are dedicated to being successful which is why she looks up to them so much. For instance, her mother is going back to college to strive for a higher position at her workplace. 

Caring, adventurous and selfless are three words to describe Destiny. She is caring and selfless as she is always looking for ways to help others. Destiny is adventurous as she loves exploring the outdoors. In her friend group, Destiny would describe herself as the “mom,” as she is the glue that keeps her friend group together. 

A few last little fun facts about Destiny is that her birthday is September 16th which is also National Guacamole Day and her favorite foods include tacos and pizza.

Kara Swanson

Framingham '20

Hello! My name is Kara! I am majoring in Fashion Design and Retailing with hopes of becoming a personal stylist with my own clothing line. I love art, music, and food. I also enjoying spending time with friends and family.