This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Framingham chapter.

Dear Dad, 

I love you. I feel like I don’t tell you that enough. I know we may argue and not always see eye to eye but that doesn’t mean I don’t love you. You brought me into this world 19 years ago and I don’t think I’ve ever thanked you for that. So, thank you. Thank you for being my dad, and for always sticking by my side, thank you for working so hard so that we can have the things we do. Through the arguments and the misunderstanding, through public school, and now through college. You always told me to follow my dream of becoming a teacher. And because of you, I have the opportunity to follow my dream.  

When mom was in and out of the hospital with her leg surgeries and her pneumonia, it was just you and me. I don’t know how we survived! But somehow, we managed to live a few days without her! We would go to the movies, get dinner, play the Wii, and sit on the couch and relax. I’ll admit, I do miss our date nights!  

I just want to say thank you. Thank you for bringing me into this world. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to pursue my dream as a teacher. Thank you for being my twin! Thank you for being my dad! 

Celia Marchese

Framingham '23

Freshman at Framingham State University, elementary education, and English major.