burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Day in the Life of a: Fashion Major

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Framingham chapter.

The day starts the night before with picking out clothes for the next day ahead. It definitely saves time in the morning.

Once I am up and awake it is time to get ready!

My first class on Mondays and Wednesdays starts at 8:30 and it’s my Research Methods for the Fashion Industry class. This class is all about writing a research paper, how to format it correctly, and displaying results in a clear manner.

Next in the day I got to work with Marissa, who is the head of our HerCampus chapter, on her current project for Photo Journalism where she interviews students about their Framingham State experience and does a photoshoot with them. This was such a fun activity that doesn’t get to happen every day!

I had some time before lunch so I decided to work on this shirt that my friend wanted me to cut up for her. I am not a design person by any means, (I am a merchandising concentration.) but I did my best and turned this extra-large men’s shirt into a cute tie back crop top for my friend!

For lunch this day I had this spinach pasta and orange juice mixed with cranberry juice which energized me enough to get through the day! 

After lunch every Wednesday I run to Fashion Club at 1:30. At Fashion Club we discuss events we are putting on, pop culture trends, and what we would like to do in the future. Our biggest event of the year is definitely the annual Fashion Show on Friday April 29th this year at 7pm!

I wish shopping were an everyday thing for me, but on this day I just needed to get a birthday present for my friend. I also like going to the mall to see different stores’ different takes on trends and the window displays each store chooses to use.

To end the day I usually have dance. I am so happy to be able to continue dance here at school! The show we have been preparing for is on Thursday May 5th and Saturday May 7th both at 7:30.

By the end of the day I am pretty tired and can’t wait to cuddle up to my bear my boyfriend got me. 

Rachel Smith

Framingham '18

Former Co-Campus Correspondent; Graduated 2018; Fashion Merchandising Major with Communication Arts Minor; Dance Team, Fashion Club, Her Campus, and Peer Mentor