Cuffed Jeans, Band Tees, Ice Cream: The Katy Sifuentes Story

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Framingham chapter.

What are your passions?

“Mainly naps and ice cream, if I’m being honest. This is going to sound funny but all things social media too, that’s what I want to do for a living. I realized a few weeks ago that my career goal is basically to sit around on my phone all day, which isn’t different from what I do now but if someone is going to pay me to do that for a company, I’m all about it. I want to work somewhere very casual and fun, though; somewhere that has a very friendly relationship with their customers.”

Why did you join HC?

“I joined HC as a resume builder. [Campus Correspondent] Marissa had mentioned a social media marketing opportunity when she posted information in the Class of 2017 Facebook group and I was all in.”

What are your goals?

“I have had to change things up over the past few weeks. Originally I was hoping to have a ‘real job’ lined up in December to start in January. But now I’ve decided to add a minor in Comm Arts, so I don’t have to grow up just yet. I received an award last year for the highest overall GPA in the marketing program, so I’m hoping to do that again!”

Your favorite place to eat?

“It’s a three-way tie between TGI Fridays, Olive Garden, and literally anywhere that serves hibachi.”

Favorite show you’ve been to?

“Literally the worst question. I’ve seen All Time Low seven times, but I used to see Hollywood Ending at places like the Middle East and the Sinclair and those tiny shows are always so much fun. But the Four Year Strong holiday show last year might top the list. It’s a tradition for me to go with my little brother, he braves the pit and I watch from the ledge to make sure he doesn’t die. Last year I crowdsurfed though, I was afraid to tell my mom.”

Pop punk idol?

“This is hard because I admire quite a few people for different reasons. Although she’s not really pop-punk anymore, I would have to go with Cassadee Pope. I’ve loved her since she fronted Hey Monday and meeting her at Warped Tour was like a dream come true at that point. She’s an incredible performer and human; I’ve always wanted to be like her. I dyed my hair blonde underneath in high school and I’m dating a Ryan so we’re basically the same. But watching her go from small pop punk band, to winning The Voice, to now touring and playing huge festivals has been crazy. I cried when she auditioned for The Voice and even more when she won. I’ve gotten to grow up watching someone follow their dreams and not give up.”

What’s it like working with C+I?

“I love Chloe + Isabel! I started as a merchandiser over the summer and it has been the most fun way I could imagine to make money. My success as a merchandiser has inspired me to work towards my next

opportunity in direct sales; I am currently waiting to become a LuLaRoe consultant and hoping to start that business early next year!”

What’s your weird fun fact?

“I own 27 All Time Low shirts because I have a problem.”

More commonly known as Katy, I am a senior marketing major at Framingham State University. I enjoy long walks to the dessert section of the dining commons, reading into The Wonder Years lyrics, and adding to my growing collection of All Time Low t-shirts (the current count is 26). If you need me, I'm probably napping.