Campus Cutie: Bryan Decker

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Framingham chapter.

Adorable, sweet, tattooed, and smart; what more could a girl want? Bryan Decker is all of that and more! Bryan is a junior Sociology major with plans to minor in Spanish and he is the definition of a social butterfly. Bryan considers tattoos (he has five!), Avenged Sevenfold, being an R.A., and his beard to be some of the things he loves most. He is a very outgoing and happy individual that always has a smile on his face, no matter what.

Which tattoo is your favorite and why?

“My rib one because it’s an original idea I had and just had [the tattoo artist] draw it up. Also a willow is my mom’s favorite kind of tree, and it’s the only [tattoo] in color.”

Do you have any plans for more tattoos in the future?

“Yes, I want a sleeve on my entire right arm and a half sleeve on my left. The next one I want is a zombie Winnie the Pooh holding deflated balloons.”

If you could put together your dream concert, who would open and who would headline?

“Blessthefall would open, and of course, Avenged Sevenfold would headline.”

Where would you go/what would you do to survive in the event of a zombie apocalypse?

“I would probably go more North where it’s colder, like deep woods Maine in a cabin. Somewhere where I would have sustenance- food, water, and a place to dispose of trash. And I would use a sword. You don’t need bullets for a sword.”

You were the first tweet on the new FSU Crushes account, how did that feel?

“It was a confidence boost; it was really cool.”

What is your favorite part about being a Resident Assistant?

“Making a difference in someone’s life. I like talking about personal issues and being confided in, and giving advice that will be helpful to them.”

Is it true that all of your residents call you “Dad?”

*laughs* “Not all of them, many of them; a good portion of them.”

What is one of your guilty pleasures?

“I want to think of an absurd one. Oh! I love Tangled! I watch it all the time with my cousins.”

If you could live in the world of any video game, which game would it be and why?

“Skyrim so I could drink mead, yell at people, and make magic happen. And the setting is cool, like Norwegian.”

If you could have only one item on a deserted island, what would it be?

“A fire starter because I like fire, and it’s important.”

What would you do if you won the lottery?

“Pay off school and send my mom to school. Also buy a new car.”

What are some of your career goals?

“I want to move to a suburb and work with inner city kids; kinda similar to what I’m doing as an R.A. now. I want to put as much if not more effort into it though, and I want to love what I do.”

Tell us an interesting fact about yourself.

“I am an interesting person. I have an absurdly short tongue.”

How would your mom describe you?

“She’d say I’m laid back and don’t really care or don’t really let things get to me.”

What do you look for in a girlfriend?

“Someone that knows her manners, that’s important. Someone that I can have intelligent conversations with, but we can also laugh and be goofy. Someone who is genuine and not going to lie or sneak around behind my back.”

What is the most romantic thing you have ever done?

“I drove an hour to see a girl who was having a really bad day and brought her flowers and chocolate. The next day I took her out to eat.”

What is the most important thing a potential girlfriend should know about you?

“I don’t pick up on hints very well so you’re gonna have to be straight forward with me. I’m a very dumb guy. And I will treat you like every girl deserves to be treated-like a queen.”

How sweet! Make sure to say hi to Bryan next time you see him on campus, and maybe you can plan your post-zombie-apocalypse happily-ever-after together.

More commonly known as Katy, I am a senior marketing major at Framingham State University. I enjoy long walks to the dessert section of the dining commons, reading into The Wonder Years lyrics, and adding to my growing collection of All Time Low t-shirts (the current count is 26). If you need me, I'm probably napping.
Marissa is a senior psychology major and photography minor at Framingham State University. She is an Academic Success Peer Tutor, SDA in the dorms. She is the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at Framingham and a Chapter Advisor. When she is not daydreaming, Marissa enjoys binge-watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer on Hulu and sleeping.