5 Things Not to Give as a Gift

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Framingham chapter.

1) A First Time DIY

If you haven’t done DIY gifts before it’s best to attempt one some other time. You don’t want to run out of time or it to turn out poorly.

2) A “Coupon”

To me a homemade coupon for a back massage is basically an IOU for an actual present. It’s not cute to get one from someone over the age of 8, too.

3) Work Out Gear

No workout DVDs. No weights or equipment. None of that. Something about giving me this stuff without asking first or unless I specifically asked for it.

4) Underwear

This can be an awkward gift for some people. Unless your S.O. specifically asks for what she wants don’t just randomly surprise them with underwear (and for sure don’t do it in front of family on the holiday). Especially packed underwear. That’s weird.

5) Clothes that Are Not Their Size

If you don’t know their size don’t give clothes. It’s not worth trying to guess their size and it being completely wrong. 

Graduate from Framingham State University. Communication Arts major, and Writing minor. Former Co-Campus Correspondent of HC Framingham and current After College writer! I'm passionate about tv shows, comedy, music, and cheese fries and take them all very seriously.