5 Suggestions on What to do During Quarantine

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Framingham chapter.

Since we’re quarantined, I thought I might share some of the things that have been keeping me busy, aside from homework. Below are all the activities that I have been doing.  Who knows, maybe you’ll like some of these too! 

1. READ! 

If you know me, you know books are my best friends. For those that want to explore and are stuck home, READ!  Especially the paranormal!   

One of my favorite things about reading is that it transports your mind to a whole new world.  I mean, a world full of vampires, ghosts, and wizards?  Sign me up! Don’t know any good books and in need of some recommendations?  Sign up to Goodreads!  It’s an app that has all sorts of book suggestions for you, based on your preferences. You can set up a goal/challenge, read toward it, and even make friends with authors!  The app is just a lower case g.  It is downloadable.  Happy reading! 

2. Learn a new language!

Sign language?  Chinese? Greek?  Russian?  If you want to further challenge yourself, learn new songs in that language!  Learning is neverending, so why not learn now, with all the free time we have?

3. Focus on yourself! 

With our busy lives, who can even have time for themselves and work on the most important part of you: your health.  Well, now’s your chance!  Whether you want to lose weight, build muscle, or eat healthy, this is the perfect time to do so.  Especially weight loss.  Why?  Because we are all stuck home, food shortages can run out anytime soon. On top of that, you have to actually go to the grocery store and spend money! So not only you benefit from getting healthier, you also save money and time by NOT going to the grocery store. 

4. Bake! 

I know, I know.  Baking involves ingredients, and that means shopping.  But for those who loves baking, that isn’t a problem at all.  My little sister, has been baking when she is bored.  It’s a great way to keep busy, and in the end, you get to eat delicious cookies or cakes that you made from scratch!  

You can also experiment with the ingredients. My sister took a cake mix and made it into a cookie mix.  And you know what?  It turned out great!  Even better than a cookie mix itself! 

5. WRITE! 

It’s the perfect time to do so, especially for writing on HC!  We have free time, laptops in front of us (for those of you who don’t have laptops, you can always start with a pen and paper).  Brainstorming ideas are hard, even I have trouble coming up with them.  But just write about your daily life. Write about something you enjoy. Write about something you learned.  The sky’s the limit in writing! 

Anni Xie

Framingham '21

My name is Anni Xie and I am a Management Major and an English Minor. I study in Framingham State University, and one of my biggest dreams is to write and publish a book.