YorkMartin Campos, FCLC ’13

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fordham chapter.

Name: YorkMartin Campos

Single or Taken: SINGLE!

Major: Political Science; Spanish Language Minor

What he’s looking for in a significant other:  Got to be able to make me laugh, and preferably she is sporty (plays or watches sports).

Why he picked Fordham: It has been my dream school since I was a junior in high school.

Campus Involvement:  Vice President of the Student Organization of Latinos (SOL); Commuter Freshmen Mentor; Global Outreach Dominican Republic Project!

Hobbies: Basketball; Soccer; Guitar; Composing Music; Watching Netflix; FOOD!

Favorite Pick-Up Line: Hey, do you know how much a polar bear weighs? No? Me neither! We are sooooo similar! Hi my name is York, nice to meet you.

What is your guilty pleasure? Not only do I own Mean Girls on DVD, but I watch it on occasion and will quote it.

What is one thing that you do not understand about the opposite sex? Why do some girls take profile pictures on Facebook pushing their hair back by their ear with their hand? That ain’t cute. That just looks weird.

What is your hidden talent? I’m a decent cook.

If you were forced to sing karaoke, what song would you sing? “Save Room” by John Legend.

Do you prefer to make the first move or have her come to you? She has to come to me. I do not want to come across as a creep and I’m quite shy.

What’s on your Fordham bucket list? Get McShane to do the cat daddy, join him, then have all of Fordham follow.

Who is your celebrity crush? Rashida Jones.

What is the best way a girl can get your attention? Smiling, making a joke, talking about sports, being a smart ass. 

What is your flirting technique? Make a joke, get her to laugh, get her to smile, and work from there.

What is your life motto? You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take. So take shots like the play clock is about to expire. You’re bound to make some in. 

Sarah is a member of the Class of 2013 at Fordham University, where she's a double-major in American Studies and Communication & Media Studies. A South Florida native, she is still adjusting to the cold and figuring out the basics of a winter wardrobe. A huge sports fan, Sarah watches way too much Sportscenter and compensates by watching copious amounts of E!, Gilmore Girls, and Pretty Little Liars. When she's not watching movies or staring at a television screen, she also enjoys blogging, photography, fashion, reading, and bring Pinterest pins to life. Follow her on Twitter @sari_ramirez.