Weekend Activities That Won’t Break The Bank

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fordham chapter.

1. The Bronx Zoo

Love animals? Craving some fresh air? Grab a group of friends and head down to the Bronx Zoo. Known as one of the most iconic wildlife sights in the country, the Bronx Zoo is perfect for those who love photography, walks and being surrounded by endless wildlife. From watching the seals being fed to going on the safari ride to see the sleeping tiger, there’s so many things to do! Admission is $15 and Wednesdays are free with accepted donations!

2. The International Center of Photography

Located on 1133 Avenue of the Americas at 43rd Street, this museum is filled with interesting exhibitions that change seasonally. Photographers from all over the world have their photos displayed for public view. Some expose social injustice while others display the beauty of nature. Admission is only $8 for students—a steal for world-renowned photography. The museum is easily accessible through the D subway. 

3. Fordham Sporting Events

If you’re not into photography or nature why not check out some of Fordham’s sports teams? Get together a large group of friends to come support the Rams. Whether it’s baseball, football, basketball or lacrosse, you can enjoy cheering on your favorite team without having to pay a hefty admission; Fordham sporting events are free for all students!