Valentine’s Day For The Single Girl

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fordham chapter.

Valentine’s Day as a single college-student can sometimes seem like the most depressing time of the year, but it certainly doesn’t have to be.  Especially being in New York City, there are so many distractions to either forget about the romantic holiday or to celebrate with your friends!

Treat Yourself

You can have your own stay-at-home spa day either by yourself or with your friends.  One of my favorite stores is Lush (just up Broadway from FCLC at 79th Street).  They sell so many great bath products, such as bath bombs (which are unfortunately not applicable for those who live in the dorms), face and hair masks, and body scrubs.  You can stock up on some juicy gossip magazines and just spend the night relaxing and pampering yourself (which you’ll deserve after the upcoming midterm week)!

Stay Busy

As mentioned above, midterms are unfortunately coming up.  This is a great time to catch up on reading you’ve missed or start making study guides.  You are much less likely to dwell on feeling left out of romantic activities if you are staying busy.  In addition to school work, you can also check off your to-do list by cleaning or doing laundry.

Have a Girl’s Night Out

You and your friends can have a fun girl’s night out – after all, there are so many places to try in New York City!  Get dolled up with beautiful hair and make-up and just celebrate your friendship.  Whether you go to a new restaurant, the movies, or a bar, you will always have fun with your closest girlfriends.