This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fordham chapter.

As a senior in college, I still consider choosing a college to attend four years ago one of the most stressful times of my life. At the time, I had no idea how or what to choose, so I decided to take the easy road and attend a school in my home state where a large majority of my friends and my boyfriend were going. Almost immediately, I knew that I had made a mistake. I decided to stick it out for a year and apply to schools the next summer. Thankfully, I was able to transfer to Fordham University, where I am currently in my last year. I won’t lie, transferring schools is not easy and you have to try a little harder to meet people than you might have at your previous school because you are no longer a freshman amongst other freshmen. However, transferring is by far one of the best decisions I’ve ever made for myself. If you are struggling at your college and truly feel out of place, consider touring another school that might be a better fit for you. It is never too late to make a change for yourself.  Below are some helpful tips that can make your transfer process a little easier…good luck!

1. Go to the club fair and find clubs you are genuinely interested in
  2. Push yourself out of your comfort zone
  3. Be nice to EVERYONE
  4. Meet with your advisor
  5. Try to be patient when it comes to meeting people
  6. Talk to people in class – try not to be shy
  7. Try to find other transfers – it’s nearly impossible that you’re the only one
  8. Don’t limit yourself to only making friends with people in your grade
  9. Try to be comfortable with doing things on your own
  10. Have an open mind and heart
Hey everyone! I'm a senior majoring in marketing at Fordham. I hope you enjoy my articles!!