This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fordham chapter.

As Fordham students, I don’t think we appreciate the cultural hub that is the Bronx nearly enough. Instead of going into the city to get dinner, why not enjoy some authentic food right here in the Bronx? I encourage everyone to go out and try something different, whether you’re new to campus or finishing your last semester at Fordham. Below I’ve compiled a list of eateries that are worth checking out, with a favorite pick off the menu and the easiest way to get there from campus.

Ajo y Oregano

Come to Ajo y Oregano, a small and colorful restaurant, for good traditional Dominican food. I recommend ordering some chinola (also known as passion fruit) juice along with any of their Dominican plates.

– 30 min ride on the Bx22 from E Fordham Rd/Bathgate Av

Patricia’s of Morris Park

Patricia’s of Morris Park boasts that they serve authentic Italian food. While I can’t verify its level of authenticity, the restaurant has a familiar and vibrant environment. Patricia’s is good for both an outing with friends to a larger family dinner. Make sure to try their truffle pizza!

– 30 min ride on the Bx12 or Bx8 from E Fordham Rd/Bathgate Av

188 Cuchifritos

Go to 188 Cuchifritos for homestyle Puerto Rican and Dominican food. This small restaurant is located right by the D train and is perfect for filling up before or after hopping on the subway. Here you can order pernil with extra pickled red onions with a side of rice and beans.

– 10 min walk and right by the D train

Estrellita Poblana III

A Fordham favorite, Estrellita’s has good Mexican food in a sea of Italian restaurants. Their enchiladas with green chile sauce are always a good bet!

– 10 min walk from campus on Arthur Ave

Antonio’s Trattoria

Antonio’s Trattoria is a classic Italian restaurant in the real Little Italy. One of the many things you can order from here is the Fresh Borgatti’s Cheese Ravioli.

– 10 min walk from campus on Belmont Ave

La Masa Restaurant

If you’re in the mood for a change of pace, La Masa Restaurant offers traditional Columbian food in a modern setting. They have empanadas (of course) and a lot of vegan-friendly options.

– 30 min ride on the Bx19 or Bx21

Riverdale Indian Cuisine

If you’re willing to travel for some good Indian food, go to Riverdale Indian Cuisine and order some Chicken Tikka Masala while you’re at it.

– 35 min ride on the Bx9

Enzo’s

If you haven’t been to Enzo’s yet… what are you doing?? Enzo’s has great Italian food and makes a killer penne alla vodka.

– 10 min walk from campus

Cơm Tấm Ninh Kiều

If you’re ever craving vietnamese food, check out Cơm Tấm Ninh Kiều and get some pho before the weather warms up!

– 15 min walk from campus

Rams/Best Deli

I had to include an honorable mention to the delis that are there when you need a break from campus food. Open 24 hrs a day, Rams and Best will never let you down. A cult favorite at Rams is the chicken over rice and I always get the Swagger wrap at Best.

– 5 min walk from campus

Hi there, I’m Jo! I’m a sophomore marketing major at Fordham University originally from Austin, Texas. I love checking out new museums, exploring NYC, and going to workout classes with my friends.