The Best Oatmeal Recipes to get you out of a Breakfast Slump

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fordham chapter.

Oatmeal is probably my absolute favorite food. SO versatile and convenient for any situation. I love to make overnight oats before early morning classes and baked oats on slow weekend mornings. I also will eat oatmeal for lunch or dinner on occasion because it is just so easy to make and always delicious. 

Coconut Cacao Microwave oats

In a microwave safe bowl combine: 

• ½ cup oats
  • ½ cup almond milk, ½ cup coconut milk
  • 1tbs chia seeds
  • 1 scoop of chocolate protein powder 
  • ½ banana 

Mix the ingredients and microwave for 2 minutes, let stand for an additional 1-2 minutes and tip with cacao nibs or chocolate chips, almond butter, coconut flakes, some dairy free yogurt

Apple walnut Crisp baked oatmeal

In a blender combine: 

• ½ banana 
  • 1/3 cup oats 
  • 2/3 cup oat milk 
  • 1 heaping tbs almond butter 
  • 1 tbs chia seeds 
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • Cinnamon to taste 

Blend together until smooth then pour into a greased baking dish, stir in about ¼ of a chopped up apple 

To make the crisp topping, mix: 

• ¼ cup oats
  • ¼ cup almond flour 
  • ¼ cup coconut sugar 
  • 1 tbs cold vegan butter 
  • ½ tsp cinnamon 

Mix with your hands and incorporate the butter and make crumbles. Stir in the other ¼ of chopped up apple and a handful of walnuts. 

Bake at 350 for 15 minutes. 

Matcha overnight Oats

Place all ingredients in a jar, mix well, and refrigerate overnight: 

• ½ cup oats 
  • 2/3 cup milk or water 
  • 1 tsp matcha powder 
  • 1 tsp honey 
  • 1 tbs chia seeds 
  • Top with berries, dairy free yogurt and some nut butter in the morning and enjoy!
Meg Cardi

Fordham '22

Meg is an Anthropology major part of the Social Work program at Fordham who has a passion for all things regarding sustainability, fashion and food!