This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fordham chapter.

February has been a busy month. Between coping from the holidays, Valentine’s day, and this crazy winter, it is easy to get caught up in our own problems and little worlds. However, it is important to remember that February is also Black History Month. Established in 1976, Black History Month both celebrates the achievements and acknowledges the hardships and struggles of the black community in America. Black men, women, and children have had a significantly difficult year. In 2020, we saw the black community standing up to unfair treatment by police with the Black Lives Matter Movement, which was very important. We also saw many black communities disproportionately impacted by Covid-19. Now more than ever, it is time for all Americans step up to do everything we can, both small and large, to support black men and women. One thing that we are all capable of doing is supporting black owned businesses, specifically sustainable businesses. The businesses listed below are a great place to start, however, it would be beneficial to do your own research and find places in your own neighborhood to shop and support.

• Jewelry:
    • Arlokea.com
    • Deviartscollective.com
    • Omiwoods.com
  • Clothing/Accessories:
    • shopbeRESONANT.com
    • galerie.la
    • houseofaama.com
    • AAKSonline.com
    • Knotzland.com
    • sanchosshop.com
  • Beauty
    • Acarre.co
    • beelovebuzz.com
    • blkgrn.com
    • briogeohair.com
    • golde.co
Hey everyone! I'm a senior majoring in marketing at Fordham. I hope you enjoy my articles!!