Sunday is for Brunchin’

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fordham chapter.

If you haven’t heard already, brunch is THE weekend thing to do with your best girl friends. Who wouldn’t want to be sipping mimosas at 11:00 (okay maybe 12) on a Sunday reliving last night’s shenanigans? Though some of us will have to wait until we’re 21 for that, the foodie in us can certainly appreciate a good brunch when we see it. My friends and I were determined to plan a girl’s brunch this semester so we took a trip to Greenwich Village and found ourselves at Riviera Café. The outdoor seating will have to be saved for warmer days, but no doubt did we enjoy the special prix fixe brunch menu. And despite the freezing temperatures, we even treated ourselves to ice cream from the Big Gay Ice Cream Shop in Tribeca. With that, I give you permission to be the cliché city girl everyone already thinks you are.

Photos Courtesy of Samantha Mandich and RivieraCafenyc.com

Natalie is a senior at Fordham University where she is a Communications major, concentrating in Journalism. She's previously been a Public Relations Intern at Rent the Runway, a Features Editor at Seventeen Magazine, and an Editorial Intern at Dance Spirit Magazine. This semester, she has the opportunity to combine both of her passions, dance and journalism, as a Press Intern at the New York City Ballet. She continues to take class at the infamous, Broadway Dance Center as she hopes to enjoy her senior year to the fullest.