burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Style

Styling Summer Outfits into Class-Appropriate Attire

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fordham chapter.

We all know the feeling — what exactly do you do with your Summer wardrobe when you’re on the brink of a new school year? Not to worry! Here are some ways that you can style your favorite Summer looks into class-appropriate attire:

Denim Shorts

(Photo Credit: Pinterest)

Don’t want to let go of that one pair of denim shorts that you practically lived in all Summer? Don’t fret! Throw a light sweater or funky sweatshirt over your shorts & finish off the outfit with a pair of simple sneakers.

Tank Tops

(Photo Credit: Pinterest)

Want to work in your collection of lil’ tank tops into your Summer-to-school wardrobe? Pair one of your basic tanks with light blue jeans & sandals — & a chunky cardigan if your classroom tends to be on the colder side!

Long Beachy Dresses

(Photo Credit: Pinterest)

Don’t pack your maxi dresses away just yet! You can make your longer beach dresses class-ready with a leather jacket or a graphic tee tied over the top.

Off-the-Shoulder Tops

(Photo Credit: WeWoreWhat)

Sometimes it’s hard to know how & where to wear your tiny off-the-shoulder shirts if you’re not heading to the beach. But there’s a solution! Wear one of your favorites underneath a long pair of dark overalls — it’s perfect for class! Tip: Puffy sleeves look the best! 

Beach Cover-Up/Shirt

(Photo Credit: SincerleyJules)

Suprise suprise! You can wear your super comfy beach cover-up or linen shirt that you would normally throw over a bikini with a pair of funky pants or high-waisted jeans. Tie it up in the front for some extra flare!

The time for packing up your Summer clothes stockpile has not come just yet, so take these little tips to help you take your wardrobe from the beach to the books!

Hey girls! I'm a Senior Marketing Major & Business Law & Ethics Minor, originally from New Jersey. I served as our chapter's Campus Correspondent for a little over a year, but I am continuing to pursue my passion for writing during my last few months at Fordham.