This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fordham chapter.

Sole Revival

By Zoe Mader

Ever notice how sneakers just keep growing chunkier and chunkier? Since this new wave of designer kicks claimed their spot in the competitive, elite game of sneakers, the game quickly upgraded. Some fans might say that we owe this phenomenon to brands like Balenciaga or Kanye West’s Yeezy label for injecting this steroid into what was once an average low-top shoe. With that being said, go ahead and toss your worn out, low-top Chucks to the back of your closet because you’re going need all the room you can get if you want to rock the sickest sneakers on trend right now.

What makes this fad so acclaimed and unique, you may be wondering? If you’ve seen sneakers such as Balenciaga Triple S, Yeezy 700, adidas Originals Yung-1, or the Louis Vuitton Archlights, the commonality is easy to see. These sneakers each flaunt an intricately carved, fat sole with a very structured silhouette that’s hard to miss. Plus, these sneakers are canvases to tons of perfectly-coordinating colorways. Contrasting their monochromatic pairs, the brilliant pops of colors these shoes are covered in make them even more of a funky statement piece for your feet.

Despite the thick wad of cash that comes with this thick-soled trend, new-age footwear is not limited to the aforementioned designer brands. Fan favorite stores like Topshop and Forever 21 quickly started selling a plethora of chunky and oversized sneakers to keep us budget-friendly college chicks on top of the trends.

Zoë Mader

Fordham '22

I am currently a first-year student attending the beautiful Fordham University located right in New York City, considering a major in Marketing or Business. In addition to my love of journalism, my interests include all things related to fashion, music, and street art. Along with balancing school and social life, I also co-own a small business based on Instagram called Thrift or Dare where my best friend and I flip and remodel outdated clothes we find in thrift stores into trendy, in-style pieces.