Room Style: Spring Update

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fordham chapter.

It may still be cold outside, but in my mind, March marks the beginning of Spring. That being said, it’s pretty easy to feel like your dorm room or apartment is getting a little stuffy and needs a facelift. Your room should be as stylish as you are, so here are a few suggestions for how to update your space with a Spring vibe.

1. Add color to the walls

Putting posters or colorful banners up on a plain white wall can really make a difference. It’s even better if you can pull some colors off your bedding and get them on the wall. 

2. Add some Spring-y artwork

If you can’t find any posters or other wall decor that you really love, try adding some cool photos or artwork. For example, if you go to the Botanical Gardens and take lots of beautiful pictures, print them out or even have them framed and add some natural beauty to your wall. Flowers on the wall will remind you that Spring is near.

3. Make a collage

In need of some extra inspiration to push through midterms and make it to Spring break? Make a collage of inspirational quotes or photos. It works overtime, motivating you and decorating your space at the same time. 

4. Add a pillow or seat cushion

Adding a throw pillow to your bed or a comfy seat cushion to the horrible desk chairs we have will make you feel more comfortable in your space. It will also give you another chance to brighten up the room with an extra touch of color.

Alyssa is a senior at Fordham University pursuing a major in Communications and Media Studies, and a minor in Spanish. With career goals ranging from digital editor at a major women's magazine, to writing a best selling young adult novel, she has put her skills to the test in many different areas of the communications field.