This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fordham chapter.

New York City has just wrapped up its 28th Winter Restaurant Week, which ran from January 21st through February 9th. Starting all the way back in 1992, Restaurant Week NYC takes place twice each year & features almost 400 restaurants throughout the 5 boroughs that offer $26 2-course lunches & $42 3-course dinner options.

Dying to try that award-winning bistro with the world-renowned French chef but don’t have the funds? Drooling over the hottest new sushi place downtown but can’t seem to get a reservation? Restaurant Week is the chance to try it all!

I took part in the Restaurant Week hoopla this year for the first time ever, & I certainly do not regret it. I took my roommates to a cute lil’ farm-to-table place called Left Bank in the West Village when we all had a free night, & it turned out to be maybe one of our favorite city outings to date. We all decided to do the 3-course dinner & got to choose from 4-5 appetizer, entrée, and dessert options — which were all delicious!

I definitely recommend taking part the next time Restaurant Week comes around, which is usually in the Summer, if you want to try new places with your friends & leave with your belly full, but not break the bank while doing so!

Hey girls! I'm a Senior Marketing Major & Business Law & Ethics Minor, originally from New Jersey. I served as our chapter's Campus Correspondent for a little over a year, but I am continuing to pursue my passion for writing during my last few months at Fordham.