This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fordham chapter.

Renovations to Fordham LC’s Ram Cafe took place over the summer of 2018 and were revealed to students, who arrived back for the fall semester. The Ram Cafe is just one of several dining option on campus, though a favorite among students. Situated on the plaza level of the Lowenstein building, it is in the perfect locatio​n for students to quickly grab a snack or a meal during that fifteen minute gap between classes. 

In fact, it seems to be easier than ever now for students to grab something to eat quickly before heading back up to their classrooms. Fordham Law student, Jennifer Lei commented on the improved customer service, mentioning how much shorter the lines are since her Fordham undergraduate days. “Back then, there used to be huge lines,” she recalled. 

Beyond the customer service, the food options have greatly improved. The new made-to-order section boasts a wide variety of options for people with all tastes. They offer a range of rice bowls, including Spicy Korean, Power Protein, and Baja Queso, all including some meat, vegetables, dressing, and of course rice. They also offer smoothies made with 100 percent clean ingredients, ranging from Maui Mango, Caribbean Craze, Cookie Dough, Acai Energy, and Vegan Power Up. The Ram Cafe also offers a variety of grilled flatbreads, toasted wraps and salads. 

In addition, the cafe also offers four delicious types of mac & cheese, which is a twist on the favorite comfort food. The options include BBQ Bacon Cheddar, Southwest, Four Cheese, and Spicy Buffalo. Pictured below is the Spicy Buffalo, which includes buffalo ranch dressing, chicken, bacon, Gorgonzola, and cheddar-jack. 

The Ram Cafe also kept some of their hot and ready food items that we all know and love. Students can quickly grab some French fries, mozzarella sticks, or chicken tenders right before class starts. Though these items have been brought over from before the renovation, they do seem to taste even better than before. 

Julie Tin (FCLC ’20) acknowledged a change in taste of these foods. “The chicken tenders taste much better after the renovation. They’re more flavorful and crispy,” she stated. 

Aside from food, there has been a minor renovation to the Student Lounge, which is located in the back of the Ram Cafe. Though students may have been used to the brick feature wall of the Student Lounge, it is now removed and replaced white a white wall just like the other three. This wall makes the light coming in from the windows pop much more and makes the space much brighter and inviting. Still, students can easily take a nap on one of the many couches in the space, in addition to eating any one of the great new food options. 

Miranda is a commuter junior at Fordham's Lincoln Center campus, where she majors in English and minors in psychology, and is a commuter freshman mentor. Born and raised in New Jersey, she loves everything about the garden state, from the endless highways to the excess of diners. She's an aspiring writer and hopes to have a career as a director for first year experience at a university someday.