This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fordham chapter.

I am unsure if it is because I am getting older, but I often find myself curling up on my couch with my cat for a night in, binge watching cheesy reality shows, instead of dressing up and going out to bars. I typically make fun of these types of shows, but recently, I catch myself being sucked in. If you are like me and need a new, easy show to watch, or just want to rot on your couch, I have the perfect show watchlist for you. 

The first show I actually discovered on my Tiktok For You Page, entitled “Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders: Making the Team.” From the 30 second clip, I was intrigued by the amount of drama. I had never heard of this show before, but there are 16 seasons, beginning in 2006–which qualifies for a perfect night-in and binge-watching activity. The series exhibits the true process thousands of girls go through in order to make the famous dance team; I never realized the amount of physical and mental endurance these girls need. But, of course my favorite part is the drama. The dance coaches are constantly discussing every aspect of the girls in their own interviews–with no filter. 

The next show is featured on Netflix, and is called “Are You The One?” I am a sucker for dating shows, and this one takes a new twist on the concept. The show was recorded in the early 2000s, which automatically makes me want to watch it. Although I was only born in 2002, I love seeing shows that feature the fashion and trends of the early 2000s. The show chooses 10 girls and 10 guys and before the show, they all undergo a statistical test that matches each girl and guy to create their ‘perfect match.’ As they all live in the same house for weeks, they must figure out who is their perfect match at the end of each week. If they correctly figure out all 10 perfect matches, they are awarded $1 million dollars. Although this is somewhat of a game show, with the guessing, weekly challenges, and prize money, I also enjoyed this show due to its inevitable drama. There are 20 adults living in a house altogether, without any connection to the ‘real world,’ and they are allowed to basically do whatever they want, with alcohol. It’s the perfect recipe for reality TV.

The last, and perhaps most well-known show, is Dance Moms. I consider this show a classic, as I am around the same age as all the young dancers and felt like I grew up with them. If you are unfamiliar with the show, it documents the dance lives of several young children, along with the drama of their moms and dance teacher. I catch myself quoting some of their lines daily, and feel as though I can always rely on this show for the best memes and comedy with its ridiculous yet addicting drama.

Cameron Huber

Fordham '24

I am a senior Biology major and English minor on the Pre-Medicine track at Fordham University. I love to go down the shore, workout, play with my pets, and read/write in my free time.