This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fordham chapter.

Friday night, the Fordham men and women’s basketball teams hosted their annual Ram Town. With lines out the door, students poured into the Rose Hill Gym for the event. Free t-shirts, food and games were in excess, with food provided by Pizza Studio and various other BX favorites. Students were selected from the crowd to take part in full-court games, including a massive game of Hungry Hungry Hippos. Prizes included gift cards, Apple watches and even a free vacation. The basketball teams were presented to the crowd, followed by speeches from their respective coaches.

The goal of the organizers of Ram Town is to get everyone hyped for the upcoming season, and that’s exactly what they did. The teams battled it out, dance style – including a ~different~ number by the men’s team, done completely on those hoverboard things you see all over campus. It was a super-fun event that got everyone involved, no matter if they are an athlete, sports fan, or just there for the free t-shirt (you’re lookin’ at her). If you go through your four years here at Fordham without going to Ram Town, you are absolutely doing it wrong. It is a great way to show your school spirit and make connections with your fellow Rams.

Sophomores Gabriella Puma and Katherine Beisel enjoying their free Pizza Studio pizza. 

If you didn’t go to Ram Town – or just didn’t hear – the Fordham Men’s Basketball home opener is Tuesday, 11/17 at 7PM in the Rose Hill Gym vs. Queens College and the Women play Sunday 11/8 at 2PM against Caldwell. Be sure to check those out and support the teams as they start the season! 

Christina is a member of the class of 2018 at Fordham University, pursuing a major in Communications and Media Studies. Some of her favorite things include Sex and the City re-runs, dogs and pretending Zayn is still a member of One Direction.