Quetzalli Torres, FCRH ’13

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fordham chapter.

Name:Quetzalli Torres

Major: Communications, Spanish Minor

Single or Taken: Single

What he’s looking for in a girl: It’s hard describing the perfect girl because she can come out of right field and be the complete opposite of what I expected- but be perfect at the same time. The picture I have so far is a girl who cares more about experiencing life and finding happiness than chasing a career for the sake of money. She’ll live to eat rather than eat to live… that sums up the mindset I’m talking about. Intelligence and exploration are important, and being able to sit or walk and enjoy silence just as much as conversation.

Why he picked Fordham: One of my goals is to become a renaissance man like my dad, and Fordham seemed like the best place to start, considering its liberal arts core. I think that people are always learning, so one day I hope to know at least 4 languages, be an artist, and have general knowledge in all areas. The beautiful campus and location in NYC were also huge pluses.

Campus Involvement: I’m a huge soccer player so I’m involved in Club Soccer. I also play varsity Squash, which I just picked up last year. Also, I just started anchoring for FNN Fridays and I love that so far.

Hobbies: My hobbies are so varied. Soccer is definitely huge, but other than that I like expanding myself in all sorts of ways. Right now I’m learning Italian, which is a beautiful language, and am learning to juggle to increase my hand-eye coordination. Music and art appreciation plays a huge role in my life as well.

Claire Cumberland is a sophomore at Fordham University in the Bronx. A communications major, she doesn’t have a singular idea about what she wants to do with her life, but hopes to dabble in many different things before stumbling upon her dream job. She enjoys reading, writing, walking her dog Scout, going to thrift stores, watching television, painting her nails, getting internships, online shopping, and color coding things. Claire has interned at Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation, a charity for childhood cancer established in her hometown of Philadelphia, PA. She also interned at Sesame Workshop as a production intern for The Electric Company, a popular show on PBS. Claire is currently involved in Global Outreach at Fordham University and is an anchor for Fordham Nightly News.