The Pros and Cons of Syllabus Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fordham chapter.

Welcome back, fellow Rams, and happy Syllabus Week! It’s been a long summer filled with gruesome workdays, parents who don’t stop calling and one too many Netflix binges. But finally, we’re back for the greatest week of the semester!

Pro: REUNITING!  

Hello, my roommates, friends, and people of the Bronx. I’ve missed you corrupted souls.

Con: Also running into your old professors, lab partners, awkward hook-ups, etc.

“Omg! You look so good! How was your summer?”- Every single person

Swerve

Con: Classes begin.

Skipping your first class of the semester is okay, right? I mean, they don’t even take attendance….right?

Pro: No homework

Praise, Jesus.

Con: “Ice Breakers”

Does anyone else get major anxiety when they have to say an interesting fact about themselves? I’M NOT INTERESTING I’M SORRY!

Pro: FOOD!

Back with my favorite men: Tino, Pete, Michaelangelo, Simon, Dominick and the guys who make those glorious sandwiches at Best. My people.

Con: The fault in my diet

Seriously, what was the even point of losing weight over the summer? The freshman 15 never dies.

Pro: Not having your parents nag you 24/7

Mom: “When are you coming home? Who’s driving? Whose party? Can I have their mother’s name? And telephone number? Address? Social Security number? Do you have the number of the local authorities, by the way?”

Con: Week-long hangover

Can only be cured by mimosas & a complete Pete’s breakfast buffet.

Pro: Back at Tri-Bar

Con: So is everyone else

“Excuse me! Excuse me! Excuse me! MOVE!”

Pro: Being back at the best school in New York (Bye, NYU. BYE)

Clearly.