Pretty in Plaid

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fordham chapter.

Name: Madelyn Murphy

Year: 2017

Major: English 

Describe Your Style in Three Words: Eclectic, twirly, chic

Outfit Details: Free People lumberjack meets Little House on the Prairie dress. Keeping it simple with a wide, black belt that I raided from my mother’s closet (shh, it’s “vintage!”) and black Vince Camuto flats that have seen better days. I kept the jewelry to a minimum- no extravagant pieces, just a simple bracelet and charmed patron saint necklace. The whole look of the outfit comes out as soft, easy, and reminiscent of my Midwest home. 

Why did you choose this outfit? I chose this outfit because I was enthralled by the length of the dress. The tea-length is one that is not often worn, but when worn comes out as either exceptionally retro glam or perfectly bohemian easy. Plus, the dress has pockets. Adore. 

Any tips for Fordham Fashionistas? Dress for yourself- you deserve to feel pretty, fierce, stylish, classic, punk, bohemian, girly, whatever… because you are!

Currently studying at Fordham University in the Gabelli School of Business Hope to be a Business Admin Major with a Dual Concentration in Marketing and Communications/Social Media