The Podcasts I’m Loving RN

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fordham chapter.

Okay, I’ll admit it. I was always the first one to say I couldn’t “do” podcasts because of the lack of interaction requires. Commuting, however, proved to be an extremely boring part of my day that I wanted to fill with something other than music. Podcasts are downloadable, so you can listen on the subway, and have the power to take your mundane commute to a whole new level. Because of who I am as a person, my three favorites right now are, of course, about entertainment and pop culture. If you aren’t a fan of either of the show-related ones, I think you’ll be surprised by how fun they are. 

‘Almost Famous’ with Ashley I and Ben Higgins

Even though The Bachelor is currently in its off-season, I am obsessed with the “Almost Famous” podcast. Hosted by fan favorites Ashley I and Ben Higgins, it is typically a review of the episode from the night before, commentary on happenings in Bachelor Nation, and calls from fans. Ashley I has definitely hit her stride with this podcast because it not only makes her more accessible to fans, but we get to listen to her like we would our best friend. She’s super relatable, and isn’t afraid to speak her mind. 

‘What’s The Tee?’ With RuPaul and Michelle Visage

Yeah, yeah. I talk about RuPaul’s Drag Race too much, I get it. Regardless, RuPaul and Michelle Visage have incredible chemistry. Speaking with guests like Lady Gaga, Tracee Ellis Ross, Natasha Lyonne, and of course, Drag Race alum, the podcast really does have it all. It’s funny, fast-moving, and a great way to start the day. 

‘Unhappy Hour’ with Matt Bellassai 

If you follow Matt Bellassai on Twitter, you know boy can host a good podcast. Basically another form of his popular “Whine About It” video series for Buzzfeed, “Unhappy Hour” covers literally everything. As a self-described “professional whiner,” it typically involves Matt’s musings on a variety of subjects, as well as fun interviews with guests. A favorite of mine is the episode titled “Call Me Beep Me” which features Christy Carlson Romano, of Kim Possible and Even Stevens fame.

Christina is a member of the class of 2018 at Fordham University, pursuing a major in Communications and Media Studies. Some of her favorite things include Sex and the City re-runs, dogs and pretending Zayn is still a member of One Direction.