A Play-by-Play With Jared Fay

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fordham chapter.

With RamTown 2013 only a few days away, what better way to get ready for the upcoming basketball season than by getting to know the team? We got to talking with #20, Jared Fay, about his hopes for the season, and he has set the bar pretty high. This is Jared’s third year on the team and as an experienced player, he dedicates much of his time to practice, working out, and team bonding. When he’s not working hard on the court, you might find him listening to Kid Cudi, taking instagram pics, or hanging out with his BFF teammate Ryan Canty (you’ve most definitely seen them together). Jared’s ready for this season, are you?!

Where are you from? Lynn, Massachusetts

What year are you? Junior

What is your major? Sociology

What activities are you involved in? Men’s Basketball

How did you decide to come to Fordham? Athletic Scholarship

What are your expectations for this season? To be the surprise team in the Atlantic 10 and be an impactful team in the post season.

What’s your favorite part of RamTown? The atmosphere and dunking!

Do you have any tips for students who are trying to balance schoolwork, extracurriculars, and other obligations like internships? Some tips for time management for college students that I would give is follow a schedule and a daily routine so you do not forget to do anything and are not overwhelmed with your obligations.  Also, the week is for work and the weekend is to have fun.  Make sure you get all you work done during the week so you can enjoy your weekend.  Treat college like your job; however still enjoy yourself because the four years will go by quick.

What’s your favorite thing about New York? Probably the city. Boston is still better in my opinion.

Do you have a favorite NYC memory? I do not have any specific favorite NYC memory yet, however my best memories since being in NYC are beating #21, Harvard, my freshmen year, the game vs. Butler last year and my first three pointer vs. UConn.  Also, the MSG games.

What’s on your NYC bucket list? Go to a Red Sox/Yankee game in the Bronx is a must all geared out in Sox gear.  Also, seeing a Pats/Jets and Knicks/Celtics game as well.

What’s your favorite class you’ve taken at Fordham? Favorite class is Sports Communications.

What’s your least favorite class you’ve taken at Fordham? Least favorite class is all my Spanish classes I have to take.

What’s your dream job? Boston Celtics shooting guard.

What do you think the best part of a Jesuit education is? It is a well-balanced education.

What’s one thing everyone would be surprised to learn about you? Something that would surprise a lot of people about me is that I was a top ten swimmer in New England as a kid and swam competitively from the ages of 5-12 but gave it up to play basketball.

Pick one!

Bronx Zoo or Botanical Gardens? Botanical Gardens because I have not been to the Bronx Zoo.

Arthur Ave/Fordham Road? Fordham Road.

Cafeteria or Grille? Cafe.

Conway or Dr. Jay’s? Dr. Jay’s is the spot!

RamVan or Subway? Subway.

Met or MoMA? Met.

Hot Dog or Bagel? Bagel.

Broadway or Off-Broadway? Off as of now but I still want to go to Broadway.

Radio City or Madison Square Garden? MSG.

Central Park or Brooklyn Bridge? Central Park.

Alyssa is a senior at Fordham University pursuing a major in Communications and Media Studies, and a minor in Spanish. With career goals ranging from digital editor at a major women's magazine, to writing a best selling young adult novel, she has put her skills to the test in many different areas of the communications field.