Pam Zazzarino is Legally Blonde

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fordham chapter.

Does this campus celeb look familiar? Well she should! Pam just wrapped up her role as Elle Woods in The Mimes and Mummers presents Legally Blonde The Musical last weekend! Pam pulled off the high notes and blonde locks with ease! (What like it’s hard?) If you didn’t catch her in the show, maybe you’ve heard her sing elsewhere on (or off) campus. Or maybe you just know her as your super sweet, helpful friend with a big voice, and even bigger smile! However you know Pam, HC Fordham wants you to get to know more about the next Reese Witherspoon; find out what makes Pam’s Fordham experience so much better

Where are you from? Poughkeepsie, NY

What year are you? Senior

What is your major? Comparative Literature

What activities are you involved in? The Mimes and Mummers theatre club (E-board), Fordham Experimental Theatre, Fordham Club

How did you decide to come to Fordham? I liked being in NYC and having a campus. It was also relatively close to home, and also close to my extended family from Long Island, Brooklyn, and Queens.

Do you have any tips for students who are trying to balance schoolwork, extracurriculars, and other obligations like internships? Sure! Hone your planning skills as best you can, but realize that you may not get to accomplish everything you wanted, and that’s okay! The most important thing is to take care of yourself: eat well and get plenty of sleep! You’ll be your most productive self when you are healthy and well-rested.

What’s your favorite thing about New York? The plethora of resources. Any necessity, anything you are in the mood for, you can find it/do it in New York.

Do you have a favorite NYC memory? One of the best was Fashion’s Night Out my freshman year at Fordham. Wandering New York in mid-celebration with a huge group of newly made friends – can’t beat it. Oh, and we got Shake Shack so yeah.

What’s on your NYC bucket list? I’ve heard there’s some pick-up volleyball in Central Park, and I’d love to get in on that some day.

Do you have a favorite Fordham memory? Working on Legally Blonde! Such a blast.

What’s your favorite class you’ve taken at Fordham? Probably “French Literary Theory” in French. It was one of the toughest, but it was very rewarding to struggle through some difficult texts in their original French!

What’s your least favorite class you’ve taken at Fordham? I think Art History…

Where’s your favorite spot on campus? I’ve got to say Collins Hall. It’s such a fantastic building, and I spend almost all of my time there working on shows with the Mimes and FET. Even when I don’t have to be there, my friends and I have a hard time leaving!

If you could give one piece of advice to a Fordham collegiette, what would it be? Spend time with people who make you feel like you can do anything, because you can!

What’s your dream job? An actress

What do you think the best part of a Jesuit education is? Critical discussion. There’s nothing more exciting as a student than having the opportunity to think critically about ourselves and challenge our own beliefs– that’s what makes us the best we can be.

Who is your favorite professor at Fordham? Professor Latour, one of my French teachers!

What’s one thing everyone would be surprised to learn about you? That I’m a huge baseball fan! I love the NY Mets. It’s not quite a secret, but maybe you wouldn’t expect it when first meeting me!

Pick one!

Bronx Zoo or Botanical Gardens? Bronx Zoo

Arthur Ave/Fordham Road? Arthur Ave!! (I live on Arthur so I’m biased)

Cafeteria or Grille? CAF!

Conway or Dr. Jay’s? Conway

RamVan or Subway? Depends on the time of day – subway during rush hours, Ram Van during the off-hours and at night!

Met or MoMA? MoMA

Hot Dog or Bagel? Hot dog

Broadway or Off-Broadway? It depends!! I guess I’ll say Broadway :)

Radio City or Madison Square Garden? MSG!

Central Park or Brooklyn Bridge? Central Park. I’ve never been to the Brooklyn Bridge…

Alyssa is a senior at Fordham University pursuing a major in Communications and Media Studies, and a minor in Spanish. With career goals ranging from digital editor at a major women's magazine, to writing a best selling young adult novel, she has put her skills to the test in many different areas of the communications field.