Oscars 2018 Best Dressed

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fordham chapter.

Last night’s 90th Academy Awards were every bit as glamorous as they always are. With lots of white, strong reds, and bold pantsuits, the red carpet was nothing short of impressive. Here are my favorite looks of the night, in no particular order. (All photos from Refinery29

Saoirse Ronan

Lady Bird star and queen of my heart Saoirse Ronan looked sweet as anything in this Calvin Klein By Appointment dress. Paired with shoes straight out of Barbie’s closet, this bow-adorned gown was the perfect choice for Ronan. The look is youthful, while remaining elegant and on-trend. 

Viola Davis

Keeping with the pink trend, the all-powerful Viola Davis brought the house down in this Michael Kors dress. Her sleek ponytail, coordinating clutch, and massive hoops made for perfect accessories to the eye-catching dress, cementing Viola’s consistent reign over ‘best dressed’ lists everywhere. 

Allison Janney 

I, Tonya scene-stealer and winner of Best Supporting Actress, Allison Janney, stunned in this dramatic Reem Acra gown. The sleeves provided the same amount of flair as a cape would have, but with a contemporary twist. 

Gina Rodriguez 

Can we all just agree that Gina Rodriguez has never stepped out in anything less than perfection? This Zuhar Murad gown has everything you could ask for. With a belted waist, incredible embellishments, and a unique silhouette, Rodriguez knocked this one out of the park.

(Photo from USA Today) 

Tiffany Haddish

Presenter Tiffany Haddish continues to win over the American public with her down-to-earth persona. Although she opted to wear her favorite Alexander McQueen dress while presenting, her authentic Eritrean princess red carpet look had a meaningful story behind it. In an interview with E!, Haddish revealed that her father, who passed away last year, had told her: “One day you’re going to end up at the Oscars and when you go, you have to honor your people.”

Zendaya 

Zendaya’s stylist, Law Roach, is no stranger to the world of boundary-pushing fashion. He knows her fans are also fans of high fashion, and always gets it right. This brown Giambattista Valli Haute Couture gown paired with a sleek top knot brought Z to the next level, working the red carpet like a true professional. 

Nicole Kidman

An oversized bow and a thigh-high slit? Of course Nicole Kidman can pull it off. She is always a red carpet showstopper, but this royal blue Armani is in a league of its own. 

(Photo from Elite Daily) 

Jennifer Garner

Another beauty in blue, Jennifer Garner made a statement in this gorgeous cobalt Atelier Versace gown. Its sweeping train and form-fitting silhouette *almost* stole the show, until this moment of realization in Garner went viral. 

Lupita Nyong’o

At this point, it’s not even worth having an event if the cast of Black Panther isn’t in attendance. Lupita Nyong’o has been turning heads on the red carpet at the Oscars for years, but this year’s look gave her iconic Tiffany blue Prada gown a run for its money. This Versace gown took Nyong’o from red carpet royalty to full-out warrior princess. 

Emma Stone

We couldn’t have dreamed this one up if we tried. Emma Stone’s Louis Vuitton pantsuit served executive realness, with a high fashion edge. The bold use of color-blocked red and pink is all over runways right now, and complemented her signature auburn hair perfectly. 

Margot Robbie

I, Tonya star Margot Robbie stunned in a white Chanel gown. Along with a fresh chop, her minimalist beauty look let the couture gown stand on its own. 

Chadwick Boseman

There is one man on this list, and he is the only one who matters. Chadwick Boseman, the breakout star of Black Panther, takes the cake for the best dressed actor at the Oscars. His embellished Givenchy topcoat and zipper-detailed shoes are fit for a king #WakandaForver. 

(Photo from Vogue)

Christina is a member of the class of 2018 at Fordham University, pursuing a major in Communications and Media Studies. Some of her favorite things include Sex and the City re-runs, dogs and pretending Zayn is still a member of One Direction.