This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fordham chapter.

Consider this a part 2 to my NYC vegan restaurant series, but this time I’m coming out with my favorite casual and quick bites for busy on the go days that are more budget friendly and don’t require a fancy night out.

Orchard Grocer

If you’re vegan in NYC, you’re probably all too familiar with the heartbreak of not having famous NYC deli/bodega culture apply to your dietary needs. In comes Orchard Grocer to change the game with vegan remakes of classic deli sandwiches. They have a pick up window for a quick bite or delicious soft serve, or you can head into the storefront to take a peek at all the yummy vegan grocery staples they offer.

Location: 78 Orchard St, New York, NY

Erin McKenna’s bakery

This one is for all my dairy free, egg free, soy free and gluten free gals out there who are desperate for bakery items that aren’t… well… disgusting. Erin McKenna’s Bakery has the cutest storefront in the Lower East Side chock full of perfectly delicious and Instagrammable treats.

Location: 248 Broome St, New York, NY

Bonberi Mart

Bonberi Mart prioritizes clean and healthy living made simple. Their storefront offers a wide variety of products from grab and go classic dishes recreated to be vegan, to sustainable cleaning and home products. Some menu highlights include: a Chickpea Nicoise, Red Pepper Gazpacho, and Tempeh Meatballs!

Location: 321 W 11th St, New York, NY

Rawsome Treats

After eating your way through Orchard Grocer, be sure to save some room for dessert at Rawsom Treats which is located just down Orchard Street! They specialize in yummy raw desserts like a tiRAWmasu, strawberry shortcake and delicious fruit tarts all made from soaked nuts!

Location: 158 Orchard St, New York, NY

Champs Diner

I know if you’re vegan, you’re probably feeling a lot of FOMO on greasy junk food diner trips that has a menu full of things you can’t eat…No more of that with Champs Diner in Brooklyn that is an entirely vegan diner! They of course have your classic diner food like burgers, fries, and shakes, but they also have some fun additions of vegan crab cakes, roast beef, and poutine fries!

Location: 197 Meserole St, Brooklyn, NY 

Meg Cardi

Fordham '22

Meg is an Anthropology major part of the Social Work program at Fordham who has a passion for all things regarding sustainability, fashion and food!