brett jordan fmqhTMu4IVU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
brett jordan fmqhTMu4IVU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

NYC Eats You Have To Try

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fordham chapter.

by Shawny de Sousa Dinis

If you are anything like me, you know the constant struggle of trying to choose a restaurant whenever you decide to eat out. Especially living in NYC, where there are a hundred billion places to try from it can get a little overwhelming, and that is why we are hooking you up with a list of the trending NYC food places you need to check out.

(Tip: Whenever you see on social media a restaurant you would like to try, screenshot it! This way you will have the pictures saved on your phone of potential restaurants and it will make it easier for you to decide where you’d like to eat next!)

The Sosta 

186 Mott Street

Mangiamo, baby! This cute little restaurant in the East Village offers Italian inspired food with a modern twist. Here you’ll find house made pastas and sauces, antipasti boards, seasonal soups, locally sourced gelato among other delicious options. 

JaJaJa

162 E Broadway

2 Words. Delicious Tacos. This restaurant definitely lives up to the hype. Located in Chinatown, this veggie-focused Mexican spot took common Mexican dishes and made them healthier and completely vegan. Their tacos are loaded with delicious vegan chorizo topped with numeric queso. Believe me you won’t even notice the difference!

Golda

504 Franklin Avenue, Brooklyn

If you’re in the Brooklyn area, Golda is a cute little place where you can relax, drink a cup of coffee and have breakfast or lunch. They’re food is casual, simple yet sophisticated and very affordable. (Plus they also make fresh pastries! Yum!)

Sahib

104 Lexington Avenue

Looking for fine Indian cuisine at excellent prices? Sahib is you place. They have a lunch buffet 7 days a week, for a little over 10 dollars. The service and ambience of the restaurant is great, and the food options are endless. My favorite is the warm garlic naan.

Sant Ambroeus

1000 Madison Avenue

From Italy, with love. With 3 restaurant locations across Manhattan, Sant Ambroeus brings the best of Milanese cuisine. A little bit in the higher price range, but you definitely get what you pay for. I particularly love their brunch menu, which includes a variation of our brunch favorites, pancakes, eggs benedict, omelets, with a Milanese approach *heart eyes*

Christina is a member of the class of 2018 at Fordham University, pursuing a major in Communications and Media Studies. Some of her favorite things include Sex and the City re-runs, dogs and pretending Zayn is still a member of One Direction.