MZ Wallace: The Handbag Company You NEED To Get To Know

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fordham chapter.

While working at my internship at Satya Twena Fine Millinery, I’ve gotten to have some amazing opportunities and encounters with our “Make A Custom Hat” experiences. In early October, I had the absolute pleasure of meeting Monica Zwirner and Lucy Wallace Eustice and a majority of their team. Not only was this a wonderful, fun-loving and fashionable crew, but they also came in doting the most incredible bags. At the time, I had no idea this group of people worked for the stylish handbag company, MZ Wallace, so my curiosity finally got the best of me (as it usually does) and I asked one of the girls “I love all of your bags! Where did you get them?”

It was then I had my eyes opened to the amazing MZ Wallace brand. A New York based handbag and accessories company, MZ Wallace has made a huge splash on the fashion scene in recent years. With bags of all shapes, sizes and colors, and accessories that are absolutely on point with trend, anything you buy from them is sure to be a major hit. Listed below are a few personal favorites that would be perfect for any and every collegiette’s needs.

The Chelsea Tote:

This bag is, in my opinion, a cooler and more functional Longchamp bag. It is perfect on it’s own as an everyday bag, but can also be used as a second bag when you need to carry a bit more. Whether it’s your bag to carry your laptop and books to go to class, or something stylish and spacey enough to take to work, the Chelsea Tote can hold everything a collegiette needs.

The Metro Tote:

Now this bag is my absolute favorite. Coming in small, medium, and large it can work for whatever purpose you desire. Have a weekend trip to visit your best friend? Going home for a few days? Sounds like a job for the Large Metro Tote. Need a cute bag for the gym? The Small Metro Tote is the perfect stylish yet functional bag. The best part about this bag is it’s crafted from an incredibly lightweight, durable, and soft signature Quilted Oxford Nylon and it’s unique construction makes it foldable, rollable, packable, even crushable, and it will never lose it’s shape, making it the perfect bag to pack up for any of your travels.

The Paris Tote:

Looking for a bag that’s a little more luxe? A classic, this bag will take you through years of commutes, busy weekends, and market runs. The bag comes in a chic, classic black or a bold and edgy ruby color that’s sure to spice up any outfit.

Ali Cross Body:

This is the essential cross-body bag for nights spent bar-hopping or days spent running errands around town when only a few basics are necessary. In black, there’s nothing this bag won’t look cute with.

The Marlena Backpack:

Again a personal favorite, this backpack is the perfect way to keep your hands free during a busy day and still look city-chic. Bold buckles make for good looks while the secure drawstring closure and magnetic snap provide peace of mind whether you’re wearing the Marlena slung over your shoulder or on your back. This bag couldn’t be more perfect for a Fordham collegiette trying to be functional and stylish whether it be heading to class or roaming the streets of NYC. There’s also the option of a fringe version!

To check out even more of MZ Wallace’s awesome handbag collection, you can go to their website at MZWallace.com or visit one of their three NYC stores:

SOHO FLAGSHIP

93 Crosby Street

New York, NY 10012

WEST VILLAGE

98 Christopher Street

New York, NY 10014

UPPER EAST SIDE

993 Lexington Avenue

New York, NY 10021

Fordham University 2015, Gabelli School of BusinessBusiness Administration Major, Concentration in Marketing, Secondary Concentration in International Business