My President’s Ball Experience

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fordham chapter.

After a long day of classes, Prez Ball was just the right thing to look forward to on Friday night. As some girls might agree, there can be a therapeutic element to the getting ready process. With Beyoncé playing for inspiration, I meticulously applied makeup, did my hair, and maneuvered myself into a complicated bra that would allow me to wear a backless dress. For those of you who know that last struggle, can we just collectively say “UGH”? 

Anyway, the night turned out to be like that line in “Partition”: “Took 45 minutes to get all dressed up, we ain’t even gonna make it to this club.” Not because I was doing dirty things with Jay-Z in the backseat of a car (obviously), but because I ended up only spending about an hour at the actual dance. Two of my best friends here at Fordham (those lovely ladies pictured with me) wanted to leave early, so I actually ended the night just sitting on their dorm room floor hanging out with a bunch of friends. So I guess this isn’t quite a “Prez Ball 2014” story…it is one of good times with friends, Beyoncé dance parties, and kicking off Homecoming Weekend with an event named after the ultimate Fordham Ram, Father McShane. Happy Monday & have a good week, collegiettes!  

Olivia is a junior at Fordham University. She is a Communications major from bright and sunny Southern California, but the East Coast is her second home. She actually does love long walks on the beach, but she also loves being a friend, sister, daughter, and aunt. Most importantly, she hopes her articles make you feel happy.
Alyssa is a senior at Fordham University pursuing a major in Communications and Media Studies, and a minor in Spanish. With career goals ranging from digital editor at a major women's magazine, to writing a best selling young adult novel, she has put her skills to the test in many different areas of the communications field.