Mack Rosenberg, FCRH ’14

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fordham chapter.
Major: Communication and Media Studies

Single or Taken: Single

What I’m looking for in a girl: Good personality and good looks, of course. In addition, I really want to be able to have a spirited discussion with her, and be comfortable doing it. I wouldn’t want to go into a first date being nervous about having one thing to say. Hopefully it would be a good conversation that flows well. I am always open to talking about new things and learning about new things, so I wouldn’t mind a girl who has different interests then me because I believe that in some cases a relationship comes down to the subtle similarities that aren’t necessarily established between both people. That’s what makes a relationship work. If someone enjoys playing tennis, I can certainly take an interest in that as well. For me, if I’m interested in a girl I want to like what she likes and I expect reciprocation.

Why I picked Fordham: I picked Fordham because of its reputation for excellence in media and the radio station was a huge plus. It was my dream school since I decided I wanted to become a radio personality/sports broadcaster, so it was an easy choice. Plus, the proximity to the city is always near the top of the list. 

Hobbies: I enjoy hanging out with friends and shooting the breeze. Singing is one of my favorite things to do as well. I love playing sports with friends, like touch football, basketball, and baseball. I also love to bowl. I like trying new things and am always open to doing new stuff. I also love listening to music.
Katie is a junior Communication and Media Studies major at Fordham University. Despite going to school in the Bronx, she is a proud Jersey Girl, born and raised in Cedar Grove, NJ. Since the sixth grade, communications has been her passion and main pursuit. She is actively involved in her school's television station and currently anchors the Fordham Nightly News. As a proud Italian-American, she also serves as a National Youth Co-Chair for UNICO, the largest Italian-American service organization in the U.S., and is a two-time scholarship recipient and member of New York Women in Communications. Katie is currently a Digital Media intern at Ralph Lauren. Some of her favorite things are the Jersey Shore (the place, not the TV show), anything chocolate, and the sales racks at Bloomingdales. She is obsessed with Glee, Rob Thomas, and Sophie Kinsella's Confessions of a Shopaholic book series. After graduation, Katie plans on pursuing a career in broadcast journalism or public relations.