A Love Letter to Bed Head’s Superstar Texturizing Spray

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fordham chapter.

My hair has never really been anything special to me. It’s dark and naturally curly and not unique in the least. I am not very sentimental about it. I got my first pixie cut in fourth grade, again junior year of high school, and then again junior year of college. I didn’t go through with the “big chop” three different times because I thought it was a particularly good cut on me; I just got kind of fed up with having to deal with anything longer than super short. It’s grown out now and I’m gonna just let it do what it’s going to. But even in the last few months I’ve gotten bored and chopped off some layers for bangs. Twice. 

Every once in a while, though, something comes along that makes me like my hair. A product that truly makes me enjoy having hair to play with and style and wear around town with confidence. That most recent product has been Bed Head’s Superstar Queen for a Day Thickening Spray. Our chapter got set a big box of these a couple weeks ago and I will never let it from my sight again. I’m not normally one for hairsprays or pomades; I hate really anything that makes me feel sticky. But this purple bottle is a life changer. 

All I do is spritz a good helping into the roots of freshly washed hair and blow dry as usual. Since adding this product to my lineup of curl creams and serums, my post-blow dry hair has gone from limp and frizzy to full and bouncy. It immediately makes my fine hair thick and full, without weighing it down. It honestly makes me feel like a full blown queen, no crown necessary.

I enjoy British cookies. Biscuits, if you will.