This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fordham chapter.

Laura Villaraut, is not only the new president of the Fordham Satin Dolls (our campus’ all-female a cappella group), but she was also an Orientation Coordinator for this year’s New Student Orientation this summer as well as a current multi-talented player for her FU intramural soccer team. On top of being a well-balanced superstar who simply does it all, she’s a super friendly celeb to keep an eye out for! 

Hometown:

Garwood, New Jersey

Year:

Senior

What is your major?

Finance

Pick one:

Broadway show or Yankees game?

Yankee game 1. because I’d rather be outside during this time of year and 2. because hot dogs

Bronx Zoo or Botans?

I haven’t been to either, it’s a running joke in my family. Someone please force me to go before I graduate or my mom will kill me. 

Arthur Ave or Fordham Road?

Arthur Ave for the food and constant Mister Softee music in the background. 

Backstreet Boys or *NSYNC?

*NSYNC- I always wanted to marry Lance Bass which is funny now if you think about it.

What’s your favorite Satin Dolls memory?

Before our last concert, Jessica Mannino (a junior in the group) sat us all down and made us listen to a recording of her singing all of our songs in the set but with different lyrics she wrote about each of us. My part was about how she originally met me before she joined the group in Dagger John’s. She knew who I was because I was harmonizing to the Dagger John’s music by myself. It was the funniest thing I’d heard in a while and goes to show you how lame I really am. 

What was the best part about planning New Student Orientation?

Making over 200 new friends. I love walking around on campus now and running into people from the 2015 team and getting to hear about what amazing things they’ve been up to. I would suggest the coordinator job to anyone and everyone- it was without a doubt my greatest Fordham challenge but by far the most rewarding. 

Describe your intramural team in 3 words.

Italian, Rowdy, and Italian. Or, “hopefully not angry that I missed the first game,” but that’s way over 3. 

If you could pick 3 celebrities to be your entourage, who would they be?

Olivia Pope, the actual Pope, and Spongebob. 

If you had a song play every time you walked somewhere, what would it be?

Well, I feel like my life soundtrack literally is the Mister Softee music at the moment because I live relatively close to his favorite parking spot. BUT if I actually had a choice in the matter I would have to say “Hotline Bling” because that is a JAM. 

What’s a surprising fact about you?

I’m actually pretty deaf in one ear. The specialist told me I would need a hearing aid by the time I was 18 (I obviously haven’t been back since).

If you had a reality show, what would it be called?

“Lost: Season 7” because numerous times throughout the day I often find myself lost both literally and figuratively and I think people would enjoy witnessing this/experiencing this with me via reality television show.  

What’s your biggest phobia?

I HATE bugs. My old apartment had a serious silverfish problem and I’m always starkly reminded of how often I’d find them scurrying around as if they owned the place. If you don’t know what those are you should google search but I’m warning you- you won’t sleep for a week. And then imagine me crying at the sight of finding one in my kitchen and you might feel a little better. 

What cheesy pick-up line always makes you laugh?

“I lit your candle”- Arbitrary freshman at the Ignation candle lighting ceremony.

If you were to get a tattoo, what would it be?

I’ve actually already put a ton of thought into this! I would really love to get the number 401 tatted somewhere. It’s the address of the house I’ve lived in all my life and I think my parents are planning on moving out soon so I’d like to honor my childhood home in some way. 

What is your favorite thing about Fordham?

The tight knit community and all of the insiders that come with it. Like, all you have to say is “Roasted or Toasted” and people immediately know what you’re talking about. 

Do you have any advice for your fellow collegiettes?

Fordham is an amazing community filled with so many inspiring and unique people. Immerse yourself in it and allow it to change you like it changed me! (ALSO: now is not the time to restrict yourself from carbs. Eat all of the carbs.)

Good luck with your year, Laura!  

Lauren is a senior at Fordham University pursuing a degree in Journalism and Political Science. With a career goal of being a broadcast journalist, she is spending time interning at networks such as NBC and FOX. Hobbies include writing for Her Campus and singing in Fordham's all-female a cappella group, the Satin Dolls, as well as drinking too much coffee, listening to far too many boy bands, and watching Buzzfeed Tasty videos one after another.